Holiday shipping deadlines can quickly become a point of stress during the holidays. Make sure you’re staying on top of the most important ones!
Imagine this: You’ve been shopping for weeks and have finally found that Stranger Things action figure that your nephew has been asking for. The only problem? It’s just days before Christmas, the retailer isn’t offering same day delivery, and arrival isn’t guaranteed until the 26th!
Many of us may not even have to imagine this—we’ve experienced it first hand!
With 30% of shoppers reporting that they won’t be starting their holiday shopping until December, it’s not hard to image that thousands of people will find themselves in a similar situation. Whether you’re a retailer offering shipping, or a responsible aunt or uncle sending a gift, it’s crucial to know the deadlines to get your package delivered on time!
Those last few days before Christmas are crunch time for holiday gift buying. That’s why it has never been more important for retailers to offer 2-day, same day, and 1 hour delivery options and, on the other hand, for consumers to know when those deadlines are. Here’s a breakdown of exactly what that looks like:
Holiday Shipping Deadlines
- Dec. 24 — Deliv same day delivery
- Dec. 24 — FedEx SameDay and FedEx SameDay City
- Dec. 23 — USPS Priority Mail Express
- Dec. 22 — FedEx Standard Overnight, FedEx Priority Overnight, and FedEx First Overnight.
- Dec. 22 — UPS Next Day Air and UPS 2nd Day Air (must use the Sat. delivery option)
- Dec. 21 — FedEx 2Day A.M and FedEx 2Day
- Dec. 21 — UPS 2nd Day Air packages
- Dec. 21 — USPS Priority Mail
- Dec. 19 — UPS 3 Day Select
- Dec. 19 — FedEx Express Saver
- Dec. 16 — FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery
- Dec. 16 — UPS Ground
- Dec. 15 — USPS Standard Post
Important to note
December 25th falls on a Monday this year making Super Saturday, the largest in-store shopping day of the year, almost as late in the month as it could possible be, December 23rd. Luckily, with the growing popularity of expedited fulfillment options, consumers won’t have to rely completely on the chaos of in-store shopping 2 days before Christmas.
Deliv partners Macy’s, Bloomingdale’s, PetSmart, Frys Electronics, Office Depot and Best Buy, for instance, will be fulfilling deliveries all the way up until December 24th, giving consumers more than enough time to purchase those last minute gifts without leaving the comfort of their homes.